Friday, June 20, 2008

morning ritual


A new ritual has begun. I have now made a habit of stopping by Chick-fil-a most mornings for coffee, reading, Bible study, etc. and I really enjoy it. Several of the employees now know me and have the coffee ready for me as I walk in the door. It is usually quiet in the mornings which makes for a good time to get alone and study without many distractions. They also play Christian music there. I take four hazelnut creamers and one pack of "sugar in the raw" with my coffee-mmmmmmmm, and it's about forty cents cheaper than a tall regular coffee at Starbucks. Occasionally I'll splurge and get a chicken biscuit.

3 comments:

m&p said...

you're a wild one!

My morning ritual includes stopping by the local bar for a double shot of rum with a twist of tequila.

Just joking!

That's cool that you are devlopming a since of community with the community. Pearl and I heard about a socialogst that did a study back in the late 80's earily 90's called "creating third place". Pretty much he says most people live in 3 different areas, 1st beign the home, 2nd being work and then 3rd being the place they find community outside of those two. He said that for many people this is the local bar, coffeeshop, or church. One of his main points was to ask churches how do we engage in the natural thrid places in our community, going where people far from God naturally go. Can we, the church, create a thrid place in our community? National community Church in DC has opened one the top rated coffee houses in the DC area in response to some of these thoughts.

Anyway, way to engage in a "3rd place"

Keep buying your coffee, sharing your life, and slowly but suring showing the kingdom.

There's your weekly blog sermon form fatty-matty

peace

Joel and Gwen said...

thank you for that inspiring message. i think i am going to randomly start preaching or walk up to people and share the gospel at chick fil-a soon.

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

yum!! :) sounds delicious!
also reminds me of the coffee shop i frequented in dubuque, they would fix my chai when they saw me walk in! always nice to be part of a community. :)